Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Making New Connections with Old Friends?

Things happen, people change, and then one day you find yourself on facebook being messaged by someone you have literally not talked to in years. That person is not only messaging you, but they are messaging you with a private joke that only the two of you can really appreciate properly.
You exchange pleasantries and the whole "what have you been doing all these years" stuff. Then they drop a major bomb. Even though you have been living separate lives for nearly 8 years...you ended up being into the same things, and living the same lives. Then you realize how stupid you've been.

Every moment that I was sitting around wishing that I had a close friend to share some silly joke with, or having a good cry with, or when I wrote a poem that only they would enjoy...I had to live with the fact that I had been the one to push that person away. I don't really have a lot of close girlfriends. Girls are high maintenance friends. You have to make sure that they are having fun, comfortable with your life, sharing in your interests, and that you can share your feelings and they can share theirs. Anything else...you gotta keep them at arms length and just talk from time to time.

This friend that I am talking about...I never should have pushed her away. We should have talked about our issues and gotten over them instead of building the great wall of china between us. We could have been a great support for each other but instead we ended up just living our parallel lives separately.

Im going to open up my life to her and she seems to want to be my friend. Second Chances are such an amazing thing. I think i'm gonna do this right this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment