Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thinking about taking diet and exercise seriously

So last Thursday I blew out my knee. It was stupid and it shouldn't have happened. Im convinced that if I was a normal weight that it wouldn't have happened...but it did. It has made me start thinking seriously about what I can do to get my weight down. I have tried a lot of different methods and none of them seem to be decent...and I have a lot of trouble motivating myself to work out...but I need to do something. I don't want to be like this the rest of my life.
A friend of mine in Jax has recently lost 30 lbs and she looks great and I think that I am going to make that my goal. If I lost 30 lbs I think I would fit into my clothing better, that I would be able to work out easier, and overall things will just be easier. I'll be able to get into the habit of walking a lot more now that there is extended sunlight at night. I think it will be good for me...and im planning a route that will take me past Starbucks so that I can grab an iced green tea...that will help out as well.
I know that exercise is my problem...I don't over eat...im just not active enough. I'll get there...I just have to commit to doing it. Im gonna start tomorrow and i'll use this blog as a way of tracking what I am doing. Im going to be honest and candid about it...and if I ever say "I slacked off" or "I got lazy" I give you the reader the permission to rip me a fucking new one.

Now off to bed for me. Time for Real Housewives and the aftershow...ahhh my crack!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your knee. :( Ouch.

    That's an interesting idea to use the blog as a way to keep track of your progress. :) And I think it's super awesome that you are going to do it for yourself and no one else... because you're hot, so there really shouldn't be any concern from anyone else about it all anyway. ;)

    (Slighty unrelated sharing of unsolicited personal information: I have a really weak ankle, and it will give out on me occasionally, no matter how much I weigh. I've been told I should probably have surgery, but whatever. I hope that isn't the case with your knee. But those things can be issues too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    You think im sexy you want to kiss me love me and marry me...LOL kidding

    Anyway...yea my knees are kinda bad anyway. I was a competitive dancer for like ehhhh 10 years or something like that...basically until I was 16. I also played sports and was in marching band. Lots of stress on them while I was developing.

    This morning I am noticing that my knee doesn't really hurt much. I probably just pulled something.

    ReplyDelete