Monday, April 19, 2010

Nice Weekend Away

I spent the weekend in Jacksonville with my friend Laura and her crazy family. It was such a nice get away. I kinda wish that I could have just stayed there and never had to come back to this town. I felt my heart sink and the world just got very heavy when I walked into my house. It's been like that for a while now. Everything was messy...two sinks full of dishes. Middle island was cluttered with garbage and junk, there was a layer of dirt on the floor. Just walked into a disaster. Thank god for the pain pills cause I just didn't have to think about it.
Friday night I went to Forbidden State with the Infernal Doll Factory. It was super fun and I had the opportunity to find out that a lot of my Jax friends are going to make it to town to my birthday party and that makes me feel happy...amazingly special...and super blessed. Saturday Laura's family was going to Orlando, and while I could have gone with I decided that it was probably better if I just stayed in Jax. I went to my friend Jason's house and spent the day and evening with him and his girlfriend Missy. It was relaxing...and that was probably a good thing. Then we got ready and went out to the club for his gig. He was spinning at a swinger party. I haven't ever been to a swinger party but everyone there seemed to be having a great time. It was fun to hear some of the top 40 songs I like in spanish too. The theme was Latin Night so there was a lot of Latin music played. Jason even gave me a CD of tunes...Im gonna rip them into my I-Tunes here in a minute. Loves it!
Then Sunday was the Jacksonville Kinkster's picnic. I got to meet a bunch of people that I have been talking to online. It was kinda fun just being there also. I don't typically enjoy being in the outdoors...but Jay even convinced me to play frisbee! I think getting outdoors and doing active things is something I would like to do more often.
I hurt my knee sometime last week and im currently having to limp around. Im hoping that I just pulled something and that it will stop hurting soon. I was really ready to get out and start enjoying the sunshine and then BAM! Hurt my effing knee.
Anyway...it was really a great weekend. Now im back home and in school mode. Got an exam tomorrow that I can't afford to do poorly on.

No comments:

Post a Comment