Friday, June 25, 2010

Why am I being so hard on myself?

Um it's summer time...im a college student...and that means I don't have to go to school. So why do I feel like I am not doing something I should. I have felt really rotten the past few days and have been sleeping much more than I normally do...only to leave me feeling really shitty about it now.

My job that I got...well let's just say that it didn't work out. It was exactly what I thought it would be...only the training process was really frustrating and more a trial my fire than a training and I would have been fine with that but I was hired as management and in a corporate environment you have to actually KNOW things to be promoted and work as a manager. Then the hours were kinda eh...lame and not really worth it. Working three hours four days a week? Then...The hours started to collide in a bad way with Ric's schedule...one week of it and we were both like...is this really gonna be worth it? We voted no.

So it wasn't for me...that's not really a bad thing. Not every job is gonna work out. It sucks that at the moment it was my only real prospect...but in the grand scheme of things it's probably better to find out it wasn't gonna work now...rather than later. I just kinda feel like I have given up on a lot this summer...

But really, what is a full time college student expected to do over the summer? This is the first summer that I have had off...it's kinda...overwhelming. I feel like all I do is sit around and veg out. Which trust me...it's nice to not have deadlines, papers, and tests around every bend...but damn! Without those things my life has kinda become...boring.

Thank God for Heather...she's been keeping me sane. SecondLife has given me something to do...but I am sad that I know come September im going to have very limited time on SL to really play.

My Fall Semester is CRAZY im taking 5 classes. 4 Academic classes and a P.E. I know...im nuts...but I am so ready to get all of this crap behind me. I needed to take Statistics but all the classes were at night and it's really hard for me to go to my night classes...I get home and never wanna go back. I only have one night class a week in the Fall and it's Theater Appreciation...i'll WANT to go to that. I love performing arts! After this semester the only core classes i'll have left are World Lit and Statistics! I have been trying to get into World Lit with Professor Dewart but she only seems to be teaching that on the web. Maybe I should stop by her office in the fall and find out what her plans are for Spring cause I have to get that class taken care of. Im pretty sure that i'll be able to walk at Commencement. I may get a dummy diploma LOL but that's ok. I'll just have to see...I never talk to my adviser LOL it's weird because he's the head of the Psych department and I never took from him. I took from Dr. Bluhm and Dr. Stevens and they were excellent!

Anyway...im bullshitting and stuff at this point...I just hadn't had a Journal blog in quite some time and I felt like it was time. Im sure I will check in later on in the month and let you guys know what's up. Until then enjoy my random quotes and pics and tweets and other tumbls that I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment